Thursday, May 26, 2011

No caches for my 2nd, 3rd and 4th posts, I retrieved the titles and have a vague memory of their subject matter

Koru photo mania begins.
I dunno when this happened, date wise, somewhere between April 6th and the 10th when I left from MIA. I had been off to visit my family in Tampa and I had a coffee in the morning with my cousin Abbey at a sweet cafe called Indigo.  They had these fake little fern plants all over, and obviously, my little obsession with my koru necklace has put me on high alert of them.  I had gone into what korus are all about from a little research that I'd done, but I'm too tired and frustrated from my recent stupidity when I deleted all my blog posts to redo this relatively inconsequential posts...so here are the pictures that I had posted with that blog...I think


plastic koru at Indigo Cafe

My koru necklace





Jumping Jehoshaphat! The day is upon us.

This one is about me leaving for Bangkok to meet Marcy and Katy.  I'm sure I was looking forward to the 29 hours of travel that I had in store.  Miami->Dusseldorf->Berlin->Bangkok.   Boy-o-boy, that was not fun.  I think I ended up hallucinating at some point while I was in the Dusseldorf airport.  No fun, but I made it, and sleep ended up working out so that I wasn't soooo jet-lagged.

My beautiful pack, what would I do without you?  I miss that bed.



Arriving in Bangkok and the Thai New Year Epic

This one I really don't remember.  I arrived on Tuesday, April 12th and on April 13th Songkran (the Thai new year).  The water guns, buckets, hoses and face fulls of clay started late in the afternoon on the day I arrived.  We were soaked by dinner and doused in water every time we left our rooms for the next 3 days that followed.  It was the most insane thing I have ever experienced.  So many people.  Locals and tourist.  Making friends with lady boys and watching Thai beauty pageants as a cockroach crawls over my foot.  Aaaaah, yet those were good memories.  I met the lovely Sabrina.  She was a dear and hopefully I'll catch her somewhere else in my travels soon.

These may have been the photos I featured, but who knows...







Soaking wet on Songkran

















That evening tasted like Hong Thong.  







Getting ready to hit the streets.  Every day was covered in clay and stunk of the clothes that we wore for three days straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment