Thursday, May 26, 2011

Monkeying around in Railay


FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 2011

Get it?!?!?  Cause there's monkeys.

Sometimes I find myself waaaay to entertaining.  Anyway, I said it before and I'll say it again...Railay is jaw-droppingly beautiful.  If you don't believe me, you will after you see a few of these pictures.  Limestone rock faces and aquamarine waters draw sunbathers and rock climbers from near and far.  One afternoon we took to the seas on kayaks and did a bit of exploring in the caves and crevasses just out of sight from the shoreline.  I sadly was too fearful for my camera to take it onto the sea kayaks.  I'm sure those shots would have kicked these one's butts, but you'll just have to take my word from it and try and use your imagination with the images at hand.




The walk to the beach through the stalactites







The ever persistent colorful fabrics that find themselves tied to everything





A little stalagmite catching a droplet in the same spot over and over  (aha!  She know the difference between stalagmite and stalactite)



Limestone cliffs








Whatevs, this is our life




There's a funny story behind this one and it involves an old tale about a princess that was lost in this cave.  Apparently now people offer wooden phallices (and sometimes fanta) to the spirit of the princess, which is said to occupy the cave.








Food that floats


Katy and I went for the sweet corn








And then we took a little trek up a steep and rocky slope to a lookout point that overlooked Railay.  Now that was a sight to see. 




Shock and awe at how beautiful it is



Sunset at the lookout point





Taking in sunset at low tide (Railay had the most drastic difference in tide that I have ever seen)




They had tractors to take people out to the boats, that couldn't make it up to the sea wall at low tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment