Thursday, May 26, 2011

Full Moon madness and my good friend, Mr. Bucket


THURSDAY, APRIL 28, 2011


I just realized I could just straight up copy and paste the posts that I've recovered.  Oh happy day!  And to think, it's only 4:00am.  I'm gonna get a few good ours of sleep in, stroll on over to the  Gili Trawangan shores and sleep, blanketed in warm rays of sunlight and be right as rain come lunch time.

It was all about the bungalow hammocks in Koh Phangan
Katy loves to bogart the hammock

So, Koh Phangan isn't all beautiful beaches and sunny skies.  It's a huge party destination for a tourist spectacular known as the Full Moon Party and the subsequent other party traditions that have cropped up around it to reap the benefits of tourist ready to go full throttle for Full Moon, including foam parties, jungle parties, pool parties, beach parties and everything in between.  The essential ingredient for all these parties (outside of the obvious young and rowdy travelers ready dance until sunrise) is something known as "bucket".  A bucket is any variety of booze, soda and red bull, mixed in a small(ish) plastic bucket and served with 3-5 straws.  One would think that it'd only make sense with the number of straws that one would share a bucket with your friends, but let me reassure you, most have their own buckets and the brave (or the stupid) have bucket upon bucket to themselves.  
I'm gonna leave all drunken details up to Marcelle on her surprisingly thorough blog.  I'm gonna keep it short and sweet here and show you a few fun pictures of the madness of Koh Phangan.

Katy and her bucket atop a table of evidence of what was soon to be a crazy night



Bucket...
Bucket...
And more bucket...

Also, did I mention the full moon tradition of body paint and neon digs.  Well here you go.  Not to toot my own horn, but I was the queen of neon painting.  Soooo toot toot!

Katy's face matches her neon chest paint




These girls can get doooown





Swirly face

And that, family and friends is the utter madness that is the Full Moon party of Koh Phangan.  At the moment I'm here in Kuala Lumpur (lovingly known as KL), Malaysia.  I'm about a week or so behind on these bloggy postings due to crap internet that wouldn't let me upload any pictures.  KL is a really bomb city.  I having loads of fun with my girls searching for good eats, swag and wandering through the city.  Ate the most delicious Indian food today.  Oh how I love me some quality paneer along side a garlic piping hot naan.  KL is where its aaaat!

No comments:

Post a Comment