Thursday, May 26, 2011

Calling all tech-savvy computer smart folk

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kinda hate myself a lot right now for my idiocy

I did something really stupid...really, really stupid.  I deleted all my old posts.  That's right, every last one.  I am wearing a constant pouty face because I'm so mad at myself.  Though it may not matter to any of you people who may or may not periodically follow my blog, but to me this was my archive, my journal and my way to connect with people I can't be near and share my experiences with them...and now, it's gone.   My technology stupid self is really mad at me at the moment.  We're not talking to one another right now.

I guess it's what I get for putting all my faith in this little thing called technology and failing to keep up a proper journal (I never was very good at that anyway).  Bah, humbug.  If any tech-savvy person wants to step in and be my hero, I'd be so unbelievably grateful (and probably would shower you gifts from my travels upon my return).  I've been able to retrieve the caches for the majority of my posts, give or take a few here and there.  All that aside, if you want to help, I'll be a willing recipient :-)

However, given it's unfixable by any simple means, I'm gonna save these caches and trudge along, periodically reposting old posts for my own sense of memory with the new ones.  With any luck, I'll manage to get them up soon and I can forget all this ever happened and learn from my own stupidity.

1 comment:

  1. Dreita,

    I feel awful for you. I'm thankful I was able to keep up until the last post. But I do know if your tenacity and have no doubt that you will be able to place back all your wonderful memories of the trip you or on. You never let a challenge take you down! Just do it slowly. I want to enjoy it all over again.

    LY
    Mami

    ReplyDelete