Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm employed!!!

Fear not family, I will not die of hunger on the cold winter streets of Melbourne, I'm a working woman now.  I was getting a little worried myself because it is so expensive here and since I didn't have a job for the first 2-3 weeks since arriving, Australia was hitting my savings pretty hard (especially compared to the cost of living in SE Asia).  Anyhow, I landed an all-arounder type job in a neat little Greek cafe a short walk from my place called Síyía.  My boss and coworkers are really cool and I'm already picking up a lot of great tips and hints for my one day cafe.  Hopefully they'll teach me soon how to make proper Melbournian coffee.  I though I knew how to make coffee, you know, spending over 4 years working in coffee shops, but apparently it's not even close to meeting the high Melbourne standard for coffee.  So I'll wait, cook up some paninis and greek goodies, server customers and hope the coffee comes in time.  Anyhow, today was only my second day, so I'm sure all that will come in due time.

Other than that, nothing much new or exciting to report.  Write me emails!  or skype me or whatever.  I'd love to hear from whoever actually follows this odd little blog of mine.

I've been slacking on the photo front, but here's an oldy that got left out.  Gotta love that pumpkin hat.  We miss our favorite little pumpkin headed Canadian these days.

1 comment:

  1. I follow you. But I don't have nor your email, nor skype nor anything. Whatsoever you might don't even want to hear from me, so all the same. Cheers matey!

    ReplyDelete