Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's Goon-o'clock

This hostel life sucks you in.  It's far to easy to sleep 'til noon, spend the afternoon chilling out on the bean bags, barely making it out for the last few hours of sunlight for a bit of exploring, only to return to get did up and get your goon on.  That has been my cycle, a day on, a day off for the past week or so, and I must say it's wearing on me.  This week I'm putting my foot down.  I'll stay in, I'll send out resumes,  I'll look for a room for Katy and I to rent.  I can't wait for the moment when I can discard my toiletry bag and just leave my shampoo in the shower.  This is day one of getting serious and getting my shit together.  Katy and me both.  All in all, it won't be hard, we just have to resist the urge of the goon.  If I haven't already explained goon, it's this cheap drink of choice...essentially franzia or any other box wine, it's not bad, but it's definitely NOT good.  What it is, is cheap and pervading amongst the thrifty backpackers rubbing two pennies together to try and make it on the Aussie dollar (which is worth more than the USD at the moment so I need to get start making those Aussie bucks and fast).

Anyway, as our official first act of our getting serious will be to finally make it down to the peer to see the penguins at sundown, something that our supreme lack of planning and organization hasn't allowed us to do, even though it's a short 10 minute walk from our hostel.  

And now here are some photos of exploring and goon at it's finest.

the trusty tram, god bless places with good public transit





Melbourne is full of kick ass architecture







And on to the photos of the warehouse party last night...








getting her groove on





Nice face




Punkin head and Rebeccah getting their groove on





No comments:

Post a Comment