Saturday, June 25, 2011

Goodbye St Kilda, hello Fitzroy!

So we finally made the move from our black hole of a hostel (not to say it wasn't really nice, it was, but it induced lazy lounging days and party fever nights).  We packed our bags, hopped on the tram and crossed town to our new flat just off Brunswick St. in the trendy trendy neighborhood of Fitzroy.  What a feeling to unpack my bag into proper drawers that didn't have to be padlocked because you were sharing the room with 9 other people, or leaving my shampoo in the shower...it really is the little things.  Not only are we in prime location, in a beautiful flat, but we also managed to land a bomb ass flatmate, Maria, a super sweet Spanish chica from Madrid.

Here's a quick little peak at our new pad.

Look how excited we are about our new place! ;-)




Our living room.  Paintings by Matteo, our future Italian roommate, who will be moving in in a month in place of Maria, who is going back to Spain to continue her studies.




The Hallway: this little place is full of adorable little chandeliers.




Our room, where all the magic happens.




Our adorable, non-functional fire place.  Katy finally got to break out her lucky cat.




The view from the front.

We also have a really cute back porch, but being winter it's cold and the back gate was locked so I let laziness get the best of me and I didn't get a shot of the yard.  I think you'll all survive the loss.



Other than that, here are a few shots of our last days in St Kilda, our trek to see the penguins (sorry, my camera died before the sun went down and they started coming out of their nests in the rocks), and a little  wine and cheese night at the hostel.









We are undeniably tourists.





Taking pictures of strangers.  I think I scared this girl when I asked to take a picture of her.





Beautiful as always.





The harbor.





Apparently they're aggressive little suckers.





There are tons of really adorable old buildings here, case in point.





Now there are two classy ladies.

2 comments:

  1. I love your new place. You're right: full of adorable details. The outside is beautiful. Your bed...oh well, you have one :). Make sure you practice your Spanish. This is a gift. Can't wait to find out where you will be using your talents next (job).
    One of my co-workers, who lived there and met his wife, warned me that it's such a great place you may not come back. Hmmmm....we'll see what life brings you.
    LY
    Mami

    ReplyDelete
  2. overwhelming cuteness all around -- place, people, urrethang.

    ReplyDelete