Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Gathering in the Garden of Sound

There was no better way to kick off the summer in Melbourne than The Gathering music festival in Werribee Park on Saturday.  It was a perfectly sunny, breezy day spent lounging in the grass, listening to great music and cracking open a few cold ones with a good friend.  What more could a girl ask for?  



The line up was epic for a day festival, but the bands that I was most excited for were Bright Eyes, The National and The Flaming Lips.  So, sadly because of the standard music festival complex I had accept that I'd miss a few great bands on one stage to catch my priorities on another.  I missed out on Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Portishead, Mogwai and Holy Fuck...but such is life.  I also managed to stumble into a few good shows that left me with the itch of musical exploration.  So I guess one could say that all is well in my musical universe. Ultimately, I left happy and (due to diligent sunscreen application) without skin scorched by the hole in the Aussie ozone layer.  


































Other than the festival, it's life as usual here.  Working, playing and trying to plan my next move.  I'm thinking it'll be New Zealand come the new year and maybe even a brief trip home around mid February.  Whether it'll be back to New Zealand or Australia for work after my stint in Florida or on to another grand adventure, I'm not sure.  All I can say for myself is that as of now, I'm a happy camper living the day to day and enjoying the little things as I stumble upon them.

No comments:

Post a Comment